Perth Fire Tower, Perth, Ontario.
- The existing brick and stone work on the historic fire tower was assessed to determine the level of repair work required. Some sections of the tower needed complete brick or stone replacement, while the majority was in need of repointing.
- We were also tasked with the restoration of the 16 wood casement windows and frames, as well as the accompanying storm windows.
- The soffit, fascia and corbels were repaired and repainted.
- The steel shingled roof was also replaced in the process.
- This porch and balcony was rebuilt where an existing sunroom was located and was based off the original architectural plans used when the balcony was first built.
- The stone foundation wall was repaired before work began on the balcony.
- Steel posts and a lvl beam was used to support the balcony while all the wood was done with painted pine.
- A wraparound set of stairs was added to the 1st level walkout.